Types of Memberships
For more than 130 years, the WVU Alumni Association has played an integral role in keeping graduates connected to their Mountaineer family. Not only does being connected help alumni remain close to their alma mater, it also allows the Alumni Association to continue championing the best interests and traditions of West Virginia’s flagship university.
At the WVU Alumni Association, we value the support and commitment alumni and friends provide through their membership . That’s because your membership makes a profound difference in the life of WVU and the Alumni Association. Through the support of loyal individuals like you, the WVU Alumni Association is able to help foster lifelong connections between WVU and alumni throughout the state, nation, and world.
Membership dues help us continue to offer valuable programs and activities that include:
- Scholarships for deserving students through the Loyalty Permanent Endowment Fund and Legacy Scholarship Program
- A national presence through our more than 100 regional chapters and constituent groups
- Services that promote lifelong connections among friends and classmates
- The WVU Magazine and other communications tools that carry positive WVU messages
- Valuable networking programs and events for alumni and students, including reunion programs
- Alumni centered National Alumni Recruiting Network initiatives and programs
- An on-campus home for graduates at the The Erickson Alumni Center
- Traditional events like Homecoming, the Academy of Distinguished Alumni, Gold and Blue Weekend, Pre-Game events, and the Senior Send-off
Through your membership, you not only support the valuable programs above, you also enjoy:
- Opportunities to reconnect with classmates through special events and activities
- A communications program that keeps you informed, involved and interested in WVU
- Career networking opportunities
- A members-only wall calendar, filled with WVU photos submitted by alumni, as well as pictures of campus buildings and scenes
- A variety of discounts and special services through our affinity partners
- The Alumni Travel Program
- A commemorative membership card, window decal and member wall calendar
- Affinity license plates in participating states
In addition to the direct benefit your financial support provides you, the Association and WVU, your membership also demonstrates that you are a proud member of the alumni team. Please consider staying connected to WVU by joining the WVU Alumni Association today through our secure server!
Levels of Membership:
- Annual Member: As an annual member, you will receive the Alumni News and three issues of the WVU Alumni Magazine. In addition, you will receive information and invitations regarding local WVU activities, alumni group travel opportunities, special merchandising and gift offerings and a membership packet, which includes decals and discounts on a variety of goods and services.
Annual membership is only $50. The Alumni Association also offers a joint annual membership for $75. (To qualify for a joint membership, you and your spouse/domestic partner must be living at the same address. The individual does not need to be a graduate of WVU.)
- Life Member: As a life member, you will receive an engraved membership card that will provide you with special benefits and discounts on alumni events and activities. Most importantly, your membership provides you with a connection to WVU and demonstrates your life-long commitment to your alma mater.
The cost to become a life member of the WVU Alumni Association is $600. You can also get a joint life membership for $750. Life memberships can be paid in three annual installments, which will be billed to you. Contact the WVU Alumni Association at 1-866-WVU-ALUM to learn more about our life membership installment program.
- Old Gold Club: You can complement your membership in the WVU Alumni Association by becoming a member of the Old Gold Club. Donations received for the Old Gold Club are reserved for the enhancement of alumni programming and The Erickson Alumni Center, which serves as the main hub for events on the WVU campus. More than 21,000 alumni and friends have attended nearly 300 sponsored events in the alumni facility, in one year alone. Due to the cost of “wear and tear” maintenance, more than $27,000 of capital improvements were made to the building within the last year. These improvements were primarily funded through Old Gold Club donations.
You can become an annual member of the Old Gold Club with a donation of $100. The benefits of Old Gold Club membership include a distinctive lapel pin, an attractive pocket calendar, “members only” communications addressing University issues and invitations to special events during the year.
- Old Gold Life: Our Old Gold Life program is the highest level of membership in the WVU Alumni Association. Only 1,000 individuals will be inducted into this most prestigious level of membership. This level will be closed forever when the 1,000th member signs on, so consider joining while the opportunity still exists.
You can become an Old Gold Life member by contributing $1,000 to the WVU Alumni Association. The benefits of this prominent membership include a distinctive lapel pin with your membership number engraved on the back, an attractive pocket calendar, “members-only” communications addressing University issues and invitations to special events during the year.