WE WANT YOU to be a MENTOR!
The WVU Alumni Association has teamed with the Office of Career Services and the Student Government Association to offer students, alumni and friends a powerful networking opportunity.
The Alumni Career Networking program is a unique opportunity to connect alumni and friends of WVU with other alumni and students who are looking for assistance with career choices.
What is a Mentor?
A mentor is an individual that can assist students by sharing his/her specialized skills, advancement tracks, qualifying licensing or certifications and knowledge base.
How can I help a future leader?
Give as much time as you can spare to do any of the following:
- Talking to your protégé(s) about career choices or the pros/cons of your career;
- Advising your protégé(s) on how to get into your career;
- Reviewing resumes, cover letters or portfolios;
- Conducting mock interviews;
- Help your protégé(s) in networking with people or companies that could assist them in getting their career(s) off the ground;
- Sharing tips on beginning a new job;
- Providing relocation information and advice; and
- Being supportive once they relocate
How can we communicate?
- Online chats;
- Phone conversations;
- “Snail mail;” and
- In-person meetings.
What’s in it for me?
- You may find a great new employee.
- Someday, your protégé could prove to be an incredible business ally.
- They may share new technologies, methodologies or techniques with you that could help your career.
- You will have new friends.
- We will appreciate you!
For more information, visit: Career Networking
You can sign up to be an alumni mentor by contacting the Career Services at CareerServices@mail.wvu.edu. You will receive a password that will enable you to register for the program.
If you have questions, please contact the WVU Alumni Association at 304-293-4731 or WVU’s Career Services Center at 304-293-2221.