Legacy Scholarship Program
WVU alumni and their families are part of our family. That’s why the WVU Alumni Association is proud to offer our Legacy Scholarship Program. The Legacy program benefits family members of alumni who want to attend WVU.
Who is eligible to be considered for a Legacy Scholarship?
- Students must be incoming freshmen (Award is for freshman year only).
- He or she must be the child/stepchild, sibling, or grandchild of a WVU alumnus/alumna.
- Students should demonstrate good academic standing and good citizenship through extracurricular activities.
- A preference is given to out-of-state applicants and specifically those whose relatives who are active members of the WVU Alumni Association.
Where do the funds for the scholarship program come from?
- Private contributions to the Legacy Scholarship Program from loyal alumni and friends help to support future Mountaineers.
- In addition, a portion of our membership dues goes toward scholarship programs for deserving students.
Do I have to be a West Virginia resident?
- No. As long as you are child/stepchild, sibling, or grandchild of a WVU alumnus/alumna, you are eligible for the scholarship.
- 3.0 High School GPA
- Applicant must be able to respond yes to question 21 on the Undergraduate Admission Application which reads: Are members of your family WVU students or alumni? The individual must also be able to list in the relationship line of question 21 that their mother, father, stepmother, stepfather, brother, sister, grandmother or grandfather is a graduate or currently attending WVU.
Individuals apply for the scholarship based on their response to question 21 of the Undergraduate Admission Application. Recipients are selected by the WVU Scholars Program Office and provided to the WVU Alumni Association Board of Directors for review. Notification by an award letter will be sent to those receiving a scholarship in June of each year. For more information, please contact Devanna Corley at 304-293-4731 or e-mail Devanna.Corley@mail.wvu.edu.